The ATHF consists of scoring instructions and ratings for most antidepressants/ augmentation/ and ECT trials. It is being used increasingly to determine the adequacy of antidepressant trials.
It has been updated as the ATHF Short Form (ATHF-SF), so the version here is commonly referred to as the ATHF Long Form.
1. SACKEIM HA. The Definition and Meaning of Treatment-Resistant Depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2001; 62 (Suppl 16): 10-17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11480879
2. OQUENDO MA, BACA-GARCIA E, KARTACHOV A, KHAIT V, CAMPBELL CE, RICHARDS M, SACKEIM HA, PRUDIC J, MANN JJ. A Computer Algorithm for Calculating the Adequacy of Antidepressant Treatment in Unipolar and Bipolar Depression. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2003; 64(7): 825-33. https://doi.org/10.4088/jcp.v64n0714
3. DEW RE, KRAMER SI, MCCALL WV. Adequacy of Antidepressant Treatment by Psychiatric Residents: The Antidepressant Treatment History Form as a Possible Assessment Tool. Academic Psychiatry. 2005; 29(3): 283-288. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ap.29.3.283
4. HAZARI H, CHRISTMAS D, MATTHEWS K. The clinical utility of different quantitative methods for measuring treatment resistance in major depression. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2013; 150(2): 231-236. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2013.03.030
5. SACKEIM HA, AARONSON ST, BUNKER MT, CONWAY CR, DEMITRACK MA, GEORGE MS, PRUDIC J, THASE ME, RUSH AJ. The assessment of resistance to antidepressant treatment: Rationale for the Antidepressant Treatment History Form: Short Form (ATHF-SF). Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2019; 113: 125-136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2019.03.021